I love eating this salad – As I eat it, I feel transported to a beachside café in Israel, overlooking the sea with this satisfying and delicious salad.
- 3.5 kilo whole seedless watermelon, chilled (about 12 cups of cubed fruit)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 whole lemons, use the zest of one lemon and the juice of all three
- 1 ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- 45g (1 cup) fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 225g crumbled feta cheese
This salad is best made just prior to serving. Prepare one hour or less before your meal.
Cut rind from the watermelon, then chop the fruit into 1 inch chunks. Place chunks on a large plate, bowl or platter.
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon zest, fresh lemon juice, salt, and black pepper to create a dressing.
Pour dressing and chopped mint over the watermelon and gently toss to coat. Top the crumbled feta into the salad bowl and gently stir to incorporate the cheese into the salad. Serve.