- 1½ cups (285g) white quinoa
- 3 cups (750ml) water
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1tsp extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 200g Haloumi, cut in half
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed, blanched and halved
- 3 baby cucumbers, quartered
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Lemon wedges to serve
- ⅓ cup (95g) natural Greek style (thick) yoghurt
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1tbs white wine vinegar
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
Place the quinoa and water in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked and water has been absorbed. Set aside to cool slightly.
To make the yoghurt dressing, place the yoghurt, mint, parsley, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a small food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
Place the quinoa, parsley, mint and half the dressing in a large bowl and toss to combine. Heat the oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the haloumi and cook for 1–2 minutes each side or until golden. Remove from heat and slice.
Divide the quinoa, sugar snap peas, baby cucumber, avocado and remaining dressing between the plates. Top with the haloumi and serve with lemon wedges. Serves 2.