by Sophia Seaton
This recipe appears on episode 1 of ‘Ready Steady Shuk’
Prep time: 25 mins | Cooking time: 25 mins | Serves 2
- 1/2 Cauliflower
- 1 Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Courgette, chopped
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach Leaves
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- Grate your cauliflower with a box grater or food processor into rice-sized “grains”, and transfer onto paper towels to absorb excess moisture, which can make your dish soggy, then set aside.
- Add oil to a frying pan and heat over a medium-low light.
- Fry onions and garlic in oil, stirring regularly, until translucent.
- Add salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and turmeric to pan, followed by pepper and carrot, and mix to coat.
- Increase the heat, and stir fry until carrots have softened a little, then add courgette (approx 5 mins).
- Continue stir-frying until pepper, carrot and courgette have softened to desired bite (approx 3-5 mins)
- Add dried cauliflower rice, and cook through for 2-3 minutes.
- Make a space in the pan, and add cherry tomatoes and spinach, allowing the moisture to evaporate on the bottom of the pan, then stir into the rest of the mixture.
- Stir fry for a further minute, then serve.