Tomato, Asparagus and Dukkah Platter
Dukkah is a blend of nuts, seeds and spices. It originated in North Africa and is often served with olive oil and bread for dipping.
• 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, washed and checked
• 4 eggs
• 2 green tomatoes, sliced
• 2 yellow tomatoes, sliced
• 2 orange tomatoes, sliced
• 2 red tomatoes, sliced
• 40g (2 cups) rocket, washed and checked
• 2 tablespoons dukkah, click here for recipe
• 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Sea salt and cracked black pepper
Place the asparagus in a large saucepan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Remove and refresh under cold water and set aside.
Place the eggs in the boiling water and cook for 6 minutes. Place in iced water, then peel and cut into halves or quarters.
Place the asparagus, tomato, egg and rocket on a platter. Top with the dukkah, oil, salt and pepper to serve.