- 1.5 kilo (3 pounds) beef brisket
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) freshly brewed black coffee
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) ketchup
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) sweet chili sauce
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) honey
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Start by rubbing the outside of the brisket with salt and pepper.
In a large sauté pan heat the oil, add the beef and sear until browned well on both sides.
Place browned brisket in slow cooker and add all the remaining ingredients. Cook on high for 6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours.