In some families the end of the High Holy Days also signifies a bit of a kitchen burn out, this is a quick, easy and fun appetizer that is sure to satisfy the whole family.
- 500 g skinless salmon fillet, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain dried breadcrumbs
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Slider buns
- Romaine lettuce
To finely dice salmon without crushing it, start by thinly slicing the fillet with a sharp knife. Cut the slices lengthwise into strips, then crosswise.
In a medium bowl, combine salmon, horseradish, lemon zest and juice, egg, scallions, breadcrumbs, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; mix gently with a fork.
Form salmon mixture into 15 patties; place on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil without turning until browned on top and opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, mustard and dill in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Serve burgers on buns with dill sauce and lettuce.