- 100 g dried fruits – such as raisins/cherries/cranberries
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 225 g (8oz) dark chocolate
- 50 g (2 oz) margarine/coconut oil/butter
- 150 ml (5 fl oz) non dairy cream, lightly whipped
- 110 g (4 oz) unsalted nuts, roughly chopped
- 225 g (8 oz) sweet Pesach cookies/macaroons
A few hours before you plan on putting together this recipe, start by soaking the dried fruit in the brandy and set it aside until you are ready to start the recipe.
Line a 20-24 cm (8-10 inch) spring form pan with baking paper and grease the sides lightly with unflavoured oil. Set aside.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate and margarine together in short bursts, about 20 seconds of the microwave. Give it a stir and microwave again, until all melted.
In a large bowl combine the lightly whipped cream with the melted chocolate. Once combined add the soaked dried fruit, the chopped nuts and the roughly chopped cookies, mix well until everything in the bowl is covered in chocolate. Transfer mix into prepared tin, using the back of a spoon even out mixture and press into the sides of the tin.
Refrigerate until set (about 2 hours) to serve unmould from tin, sprinkle with cocoa powder and cut into wedges.