- 1 red onion, large chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 120ml (½ cup) fresh lemon juice
- 120ml (½ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flakey sea salt
- 6 large tomatoes, large chopped
- 3 red peppers, seeded, large chopped
- 2 British (hothouse) cucumbers, large chopped
- 1 liter (plus extra) tomato juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, add the red onion, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt, process until liquid and no large pieces of onion are visible.
Remove the onion dressing from the machine and place in a large capacity plastic container that seals airtight.
Now process each vegetable individually, place all the tomatoes in the machine and pulse a couple of times until broken down, depending on your preference you can have larger or smaller pieces of vegetables. Decant the tomatoes and add them along with the onion dressing into the plastic container. Repeat the process with the peppers and then again with the cucumbers.
Once all the vegetables have been added to the plastic container, top with the liter of tomato juice, give everything a good stir, cover, and place in the fridge for 4 hours, giving the vegetables time to meld and the dressing time to mellow.
Just before serving, check consistency, you may need to add between a cup or two of extra tomato juice to thin it out as the vegetables will absorb much of the liquid. Once you have the desired consistency check the seasoning and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Soup can be made up to two days ahead of time.