- 200g (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 170g (6oz) very dark chocolate (85% cocoa solids preferably – but at a pinch use 70%) broken up
- 85g (3 oz) high-quality cocoa powder
- 45g (1 ½ oz) nonfat dry milk powder
- 5 teaspoons corn starch (corn flour)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon salt
In the large bowl of a food processor with the blade attachment, add all the ingredients and process until you have a fine powder.
Store in an airtight container in a cool dark place for 2 months.
For one serving of hot chocolate, heat 1 cup milk (any kind) in a small saucepan over medium heat until it starts to steam and bubbles appear around the edge of the saucepan. Add 1/4 cup of hot chocolate mix and continue to heat, whisking constantly, until simmering, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Pour the hot chocolate into a mug and serve..