- 300g (10oz) Plain chocolate, broken up into chunks
- 250g (1 cup) butter, cubed
- 5 Medium eggs, beaten
- 350g (1 ½ cups) Golden caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 200g (1 ½ cups) plain flour
- 100g (3oz) plain chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Cool.
Grease and base-line a 20cm x 30cm rectangular cake tin with baking parchment.
Beat the eggs with the sugar, pour in the cooled chocolate mixture, add a pinch of salt and sift in the flour. Beat until blended and stir through the chocolate chips.
Pour into the tin and bake for 25–30 minutes (don’t use convection; the brownies will just become dry). The outsides will look crackled and the inside will feel firm but will still be gooey.
Allow to cool in the tin for 20 minutes. Slice into squares. Serve as they are or with ice cream and chocolate sauce.