- 4 small cucumbers, halved lengthwise, seeded, and sliced very thin.
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup pitted black olives, chopped coarse
- 1 shallot, sliced very thin
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted and chopped coarse
This salad is best served within one hour of being dressed.
1. Place cucumber slices on paper towel–lined bowl. Refrigerate while preparing dressing.
2. Bring vinegar to simmer in saucepan over medium-low heat; cook until reduced to 2 tablespoons, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer vinegar to bowl and set aside to cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes. Whisk in lemon juice, oil, sugar, salt, and pepper.
3. When ready to serve, add cucumbers, olives, shallot, parsley, and oregano to dressing and toss to combine. Let stand for 5 minutes; retoss, sprinkle with almonds, and serve.